Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What books to buy?


To me one of the most important tools you need to learn the tarot is a Tarot book. But what books should you get? There are many out there so let me share with you what’s in my Tarot library. I think I bought the whole shelf of Barns and Noble over the past 3 years. The books with an Asterisk (*) Are the ones I recommend.

1) Learning The Tarot by Joan Bunning *
2) Learning Tarot Reversals By Joan Bunning *
3) Learning Tarot Spreads By Joan Bunning
4) Tarot made easy by Nancy Gareb
5) Tarot for a new generation By Janina Renee*
6) The Complete book of Tarot Reversals By Mary K. Greer*
7) Tarot Tips By Ruth Anna Amberstone & Wald Amberstone*
8) Power Tarot by Trish MacGregor & Phyllis Vega*
9) It’s all in the cards – John Mangiapane*
10) Professional Tarot – The Business of Reading, Consulting and Teaching By Christine Jette
11) The Tarot Bible By Sarah Barlett*
12) Tarot Card Combinations By Dorothy Kelly
13) Complete book of Tarot Spreads By Evelin Burger and Johannes Fiebig
14) HOW TO – Use tarot spreads by Sylvia Abraham*
15) Revelations Tarot Companion by Zach Wong
16) The Gilded Tarot Companion By Barbara Moore

Why would I buy some many books you may ask? Well I feel like there is so much to learn and so much others can offer. I feel like each author has something to say and I want to hear it. Now I did not read each book 100% all the way, I use them for studying certain cards. The Books I keep in my briefcase are the ones I use often or would want to have close to me at all times. Learning the Tarot Is 1st, I feel however that I memorized her book over time and don’t use it so much, but it’s a great book for a quick reference. Learning Tarot Reversals is another book I keep with me, I don’t use it so much because I like the meanings in The Complete book of Tarot Reversals. That’s a Book you want if you want to learn about reversals! I like Joan Bunning’s explanation of Cycles for reversals and I do use that, I just like Mary K Greer’s Book more. It also have upright meanings so that’s a double plus. It’s all in the cards I keep as well, I don’t use as much though. I like Tarot for a new generation because it give great detail to the card in different categories such as Love, Work and so on.

The Books I keep out of my briefcase but I will use would be Power Tarot, The Tarot Bible. Tarot made easy does the same but has many more categories but I often don’t feel like the meanings fit the card she is describing. The tarot bible is a very nice small book that is easy to carry around, has good meanings. They are more basic but whatever. Te spreads are good also.

There are a few books on my wish list as of now are

1- Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel Pollack
2- Tarot Tells The Tale By James Ricklef
3- Tarot: Get the Whole Story By James Ricklef

1 comment:

me2007 said...

is there any book you would recomend ... on understanding spreads i e the way you blog gives meaning and understanding to cards/spreads in a particular situation or pertaining to a person event...
id like to add i also like tarot bible and learning the tarot , as u recomend these too, look foward to more recomendations from u