Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Virginia Tech Shootings

On the morning of Monday April the 16th a student at Virginia Tech University killed 32 people, and injured many others. This is a tremendous tragedy, my heart aches for the losses, and my prayers go out to the families that lost their loved ones. This blog entry was a hard one for me to write because of the strong pain in my heart.

[First my little rant]
This tragedy has caught worldwide attention and criticism over gun regulation in the USA. For those that don’t know in the United States constitution says the people have the right to bear arms. The student bought two hand guns in Virginia; he had a green card, was a resident and had no crime record so he was eligible to buy a gun without any questions. It is in my opinion that this country needs stricter gun control laws and better regulations. It knows that it would be a great challenge since illegal guns is out of control. But there needs to be some changes to keep innocent people safe. I have no objection to the fact that a person might want a gun for protection if they own a business, or for personal home protection, that’s fine. But what would a 23 year-old college student need a gun for? There should be a valid reason for needing a gun. Since he was a student there should have been some contact with the college to see what kind of history he has there. Just because you have no criminal history does not mean you’re ok. I was watching the news and his English teacher was telling the reporter about his disturbing creative stories, he was sent for counseling. I think if you want to buy a gun you should go through a mental examination to see if the person is of good mental health. School shootings bother me so much because you can’t predict them, and they can happen at any school, anywhere. Schools are supposed to be a safe place, a place where you go to learn, socialize and better your future, but for many schools it is a battle ground.

[now the reading]
As you all know I am not afraid to do Tarot readings on issues in the media, with that being said I did a reading on this issue.
How will this incident effect the federal government – Ace of Swords Reversed, Well from what I think this card means is that any attempt to change gun regulations on a federal level will fail or changes made will not be the best ones. The reversal of this ace means error in judgment, So I see this as people making bad judgments on this issue, So if the federal government makes no changes that’s an error in judgment in my view. If the energy of this ace is blocked then we may see changes, but very slow changes.

How will this affect the State governments – Judgment- I think that this is the wake up call to tell the state to get up and start some changes! The judgment card to me is a good sign for progression. It is acknowledgment of changes that need to be made. So I say that we will see some states making changes in their gun laws. And like with most things the more states get involved the more it will impact the federal government.

Concerning the shooter I wanted to focus on the issues that were going on with him. The card I got for that was the 9 of Cups. At first it made no sense because this is a “good Card” but it just hit me while I was typing this. As many tarot readers know this card is the “Wish card” and I would have to say he wished this to happen, he wanted to do this for a long time and was the one thing he desired. This is a very disturbing and for me to type this, I am filled with such emotion and I am holding back tears. That someone would wish this, would desire to cause so much pain it hurts me.  I was reading a news artical before and I needed to add this into this blog, The shooter sent NBC a package in the mail of a video of him talking, One part he says "Your Mercedes wasn't enough, you brats," says Cho, a South Korean immigrant whose parents work at a dry cleaners in surburban Washington. "Your golden necklaces weren't enough, you snobs. Your trust funds wasn't enough. Your vodka and cognac wasn't enough. All your debaucheries weren't enough. Those weren't enough to fulfill your hedonistic needs. You had everything." All the things he listed are indicated in the 9 of cups. He focuesd on all the the material things the people at his school had, and the "lust for more" also he mentions
"debaucheries ", The nice of cups can indicate debauchery.



I also wanted to ask “What should the people do in response to this” the answer I am going to give you is one you all heard a million times, Live in the moment, live every day to the fullest. For this question The 3 of cups came up, the figures in this card are dancing a drinking and living life, they are happy; they are with friends and having fun. We need to see this tragedy and remember that life can be short, No day is granted to us.
Everyone asks “Why did it happen” Now this is tough to ask and I am not sure if I was meant to have an answer. When I do readings I always ask God for answers, and it is my view that the answers god does not want me to have I won’t get. But I got the 3 of wands so I will try and see if any message is in the card. It is hard to say it happened because of this or that and is a touchy subject, but people by nature need to know the Why because in our minds such horrible things just don’t happen for the heck of it. In this card I feel that it happened so that people will cooperate better, better communication. In times of tragedy people often find strengthen with other, after 9/11 there was so much support, strengthen and compassion for the other person. To me this will be the same thing; students will talk to the other students more and to find better communication with others. I also think that that this card is a sign for progression in the state governments, this incident happened so that changes can be made, and to start making plans and to come up with new ideas.

Again my heart goes out to the people affected by this. I wish peace and love to all.

No comments: